Information for Students
Discipline in the Institution
- Students are advised to maintain discipline and follow the rules and regulations of the Institution.
- Students should maintain neatness and cleanliness in the Institution.
- Students are not allowed at all to have Mobile Phones in the Institution.
- Students should be punctual and regular. They should keep their Identity Cards in their possession and produce when asked for
- Students should come in proper uniform.
- Students should follow the directions given by the Principal, Head of Departments/ Lecturers from time to time.
- Ragging is totally banned in the Institution.
- Students should not bring their Valuables/ Jewellery in the Institution.
- They are not allowed to leave the Institution before the last period/class.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited in the Institution as well as its surroundings.
- Any students not following the rules and regulations of the Institution shall be expelled from the Institution.
Examination Procedure - For conducting Examination and giving Certification, the Institute has been affiliated with J&K State Board of Technical Education (JKSBOTE). The Semester Examinations are conducted twice during the year i.e. May-June and November-December Session.
Examination Fee - The Examination fee is fixed by JKSBOTE and is revised from time to time. At present the fee structure is as follows:
|Examination Fee of each Semester||=||Rs.1010/- (Including bank Charges)|
The diploma course consists of Six Semesters.
Note : For all re-appear candidates, the fee structure will remain the same even if the candidate has to appear in one subject only.
Pattern of carry over to the next Class/ Semester
A copy of the syllabus will be provided to each student within fifteen days from the commencement of their Semester classes.
As per JKSBOTE norms, students can appear in the 1st Semester Examination provided they are on the rolls of the Institute for three and a half months and have attended at least 75% attendance. They must have passed the Internal Assessment Test / Sessional Test by securing at least 50% marks. Just appeared in the 1st Semester Examination, the students can carry on the next Semester (i.e. 2nd Semester). Similarly the students can carry on the next Semesters (3rd , 4th & 5th Semester)