About Govt. Polytechnic College, Budgam
Government Polytechnic College, Budgam was established in 2012 under Centrally Sponsored Scheme “Setting up of new Polytechnics” by Ministry of Human Resources Development, Government of India, with the aim of having polytechnics in every district of Jammu & Kashmir State. The institution is administered by the Directorate of Technical Education and affiliated to J&K State Board of Technical Education. The college is located in the picturesque locales of Nagam, Budgam over an area of 7.5 acres. The main college building is having a built-up area of 5965 sqm, in addition to a Workshop Block of 955 sqm.
It is equipped with adequate infrastructure which includes laboratories, seminar hall, library, computer centre etc. It offers three-year Diploma courses in the following Engineering disciplines:
1. Civil Engineering
2. Mechanical Engineering.
- Offer 3 years Diploma Courses in Civil and Mechanical Engineering approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
- Follow Curricula, Examination and Evaluation System approved by J&K BOTE
- Introduction of need-based formal and informal training programs
- Developing close linkage with the Industry
- Staff development
- Demonstrate concern for Environment
- Improve Student/Staff facilities
- Improve pass percentage and Technical competency
- Improving and providing range of training opportunities for enhancing employability
‘To be a model institution for imparting technical education and enhancing skill sets in order to produce able and employable engineers’
Aspiration to become a leading Technical Education Institute. The College aims to achieve by:
- Ensuring its curriculum of all the programmes exactly meets the needs of industry/ Govt. departments.
- Providing support to the industry by way of throwing open the facilities and expertise of the institution through training, undertaking specific projects, repair and maintenance of equipment and making industry an equal partner in all activities of training and retraining.
- Enhancing student placement and carrier guidance services.
- Facilitating the development of entrepreneurs.
- Providing need based training and development opportunities for all categories of faculty and staff.
- Motivating the students to set up their own ventures by providing inputs in various Entrepreneurship skill development training programmes.
- Adopting a professional and participatory type of management.
- Demonstrating our concern for environment in visible ways through active participation of all the students.